Pre Race Prep
- Please pin up your BIBs (with Timing chip attached) for the Run the day before the run. BIBs will be distributed on the day of Expo.
- For Expo details, visit the Expo Day Page
- Bus Routes and Suburban Trains – http://my.metrocommute.in/
- Make sure your toenails are trimmed.
- Stay off your feet, rest and relax for the last 3 days before the race day.
- As a safety precaution, please consult your family doctor to check your fitness for the run.
- Medical Counter will also be available on the day of Expo.
- Stay well hydrated.
- Eat adequate carbohydrates.
- Eat “normal” foods during this period. Avoid unusual foods.
- Have your morning plan set the day before the race.
- Get your clothing and running gear ready. Sleep well. Plan to get up early.
- Put Vaseline where-ever your muscle rubs or use a plaster.
- Set your watch (Charge it and test it).
Race Day Tips
- Aid Stations will be provided along the route – water, electrolyte, fruits, basic first-aid facilities, etc.
- Medical facility and Emergency support will be provided covering the entire route. Use it if required.
- Baggage Counters will be available at the venue.
- Bring your family/friends to cheer you along the route!
- Mentally divide the race into sections
- Listen to your body
- Pace yourself correctly & comfortably
- If using portable toilets, try to keep the line moving as fast as possible.
- When using the aid stations, go to the middle or end instead of the beginning to help control congestion.
- Finish time is based chip time. So no need to panic at the start point.
- Keep yourself to designated track and follow the navigation from route Marshalls and the direction boards.
- It’s perfectly okay to walk; but the walkers should keep to on side of the road and not not block the way
- We are doing our best to control and regulate traffic. Please watch out at junctions and take care when traffic is opened up.
- Latch on to your pacers and finish with them.
- Always overtake a runner from his right side after ensuring there is none at the rear.
- Run and finish the marathon happily.
- Walk around & stretch after the marathon to avoid cramping.
- Enjoy the finish line festivities.
- Breakfast will be provided post run at the Finish Area. Enjoy the food! You earned it!
- Go home with a medal and lots of happy memories.
- The next day, go spin on the cycle or walk around or swim or relax or get massage – it all depends on the race distance, intensity & how you are feeling.
- Give yourself a pat on the back and relish your accomplishment…!!!
Run Clean and Run Responsible
Be a GREEN RUNNER
Here are a few important “Green” Do’s and Dont’s
- Garbage Bins/Bag will be provided close to the aid stations – kindly dispose the trash ONLY in those bins/bags.
- Throw paper cups and other items into designated and segregated bins
- Carry your own bottle if possible, We will refill your bottle at aid stations, avoid using new plastics as much as possible, be a Green Warrior!
- Watch out for Ploggers on the way and hand over trash to them if you don’t find a bin near you
- Do not throw empty cups or bottles on the road or along the footpath.
- Do not take plastic bottles if you already have one, refill & re-use
- Don’t throw away bottles that have water in them, water is precious, we know it better than anyone in Chennai 🙂
- After eating breakfast, please dispose the plates in the bins provided.