- A virtual run is a running event equivalent of ‘Work From Home’.
- No congregation at a common start and finish point, as is common for an event. You choose to run at the time and place of your choice, within the provided window of time.
- It is advisable to run in the vicinity of your neighborhood, with strict adherence to Social Distancing and No Group Congregation norms.
- A window of time between September 18th to 26th is provided for enabling this.
- It will not be a conventionally timed run based on bib, timing chip and timing mat.
- You have to record your run on the running app you are comfortable with and then upload the same to a provided link so that all the data is collated as it would be in a running event.
Here are a few things about Virtual Running that you must know and understand …
Where can I run?
Anywhere in the world! Literally anywhere that you have access to and is legally allowed. Ensure that you do not run in crowded places. Pick a route and time where the crowd is minimal and at the same time it is safe for you to run.
When should I run?
The run should be any time between the midnight of the 18th of September and the Midnight of the 26th of September. Any run outside these dates will not be accepted or considered.
How many runs can I do within this duration?
You can run only once for the distance that you have registered. The run will have to be done within the stipulated duration. You can ofcourse take water breaks or walk in the middle of your run or even take a quick rest break. But you cannot run half the distance in the morning and the remaining half another time …
What App should I use for tracking my run?
Ideally you must use one of the below specified apps
- Nike Running Club
- Map my Run
If you have a GPS watch, even better, track your run with your watch and share the data in any platform that you use.
If you have none of the above and you are just noting your time using your watch, that’s fine too, we have an option to manually add your timing.
Will my timing be verified?
In a virtual run there is only so much we can do to verify runs. Obviously if you say that you ran the half marathon under an hour, then we will be sending our sponsor GARMIN to your house to sign you up as a brand ambassador. But hey, there is no leader board or prize money, so you are only competing with yourself and we are sure you will be true to yourself.
Having said that we will be doing a certain level of verification and where the data is questionable we will request for your previous timing logs with sufficient proof before issuing certificates.
How can I submit my run timing?
You will be getting a link through an email to your registered email address. Upon clicking the link, you will get the option to enter your timings along with other information.
When you complete your run/walk, open the link and upload your time and distance into the link.
Please make sure that your run details capture:
- Start time
- End time
- App details
How to share the timing link:
- Garmin – https://bit.ly/2CtqZBu
- Strava – https://bit.ly/2XY2jsf
- Nike Running Club – https://swoo.sh/2XT3uZW
- Runtastic – https://bit.ly/3fWX6XI
- Runkeeper – https://bit.ly/31GWtMM
- Map my Run – https://bit.ly/2FfYCaJ
How will I get my Medal, T shirt and Mask?
You will receive your kit via courier, the shipping will be done within a week after the last day, the time taken will be based on the location of your address and serviceability.
Important note on Timezones
All timings are IST based. If you are in another country with a different time zone, you must calculate deadlines based on IST.
When can I submit my run by?
Before the midnight of the 26th of September 2020. Ideally immediately after you complete your run.
Medal, Tshirt, E-certificate and donation towards the supported causes.